Friday, July 30, 2010

Who Says There's No Such Thing As A Free Lunch?

You guys need to see this.

I found this page, and it rocks. It has recipes for all kinds of wild plants you'd find readily available in your backyard. One in particular stood out at me, were the Dandelion Fritters. My mother was so violently allergic to these, but when I was a kid I would pick them for her all the time because I loved them so much, and stupidly wanted her to have them all.  I see them all the time now and they still remind me of her, so I think one day I'm going to go dandelion picking. Only in the batter will be something spicier, maybe curry, tarragon and chili powder...hmm, I'll have to experiment. The best part about this? The main dish is FREEEEEEEE! lol



If you try this, please let me know how they are.

__________________

Also, I found this recipe for Lambsquarters from this site.


LAMBSQUARTERS & TOMATO SALAD


This delicious salad has unique taste and is only available in the

 summer.

Blend well:

4 cups lambsquarters

2 cups cherry tomatoes, cut in half

½ bunch dill weed, chopped

1 lemon juiced

1 avocado, mashed

Add sea salt if desired


Serves: 2-3



From: www.rawfamily.com

______________________________________________________
 Originally posted by nymph[GKL] May 9th on the Valley while it was still being hosted by Spruz:

Great post Mal. i have used Nasturtiums however its spelt lol, in a salad they taste really nice and have a peppery taste. Also make the garden look pretty although they can be invasive ...

No comments:

Post a Comment