Friday, July 30, 2010

La Bête Noir- The Black Beast

The Perfect Flourless Cake



This silky, luscious, sinful chocolate cake is officially on my list of projects to tackle. Of course, tweekings will be made, but for the most part, I plan on sticking to the recipe. It looks really difficult to do, which I guess is part of the appeal. For those who know me, I can take or leave milk chocolate, but bittersweet chocolate you can lure me into hell with. Besides gathering all the components, I'm left with the task of choosing the perfect method. There is a basic formula most of the recipes follow with few variations. But for those who've baked before, small variations can make a huge difference. Hell, your mood and even the weather can effect your cake. So for best results, wait for a calm breeze and a big smile.

Then cross your fingers and hope I don't set my house on fire.

Take a look at these and tell me what you think. Would you ever attempt something like this?


The Canadian Foodie's version.
My grouprecipes friend, LunaSea's version.

Proof Of The Pudding Dana's Version, an homage to Kate Zuckerman.

No comments:

Post a Comment