Friday, July 30, 2010

Random Bored Food Survey

Okay, I admit I'm bored. But you'll enjoy doing this, I swear. Plus, it'll give members a better insight into your cooking style.

1. Are you happy with your current eating habits? If not, what would you change?
No, it would be great if I could get away with being a vegetarian, or at the very least, not be tempted by breads, mac n cheese or street vendor empanadas. Augh! Love them empanadas. Right now I eat okay. Lean Cuisines are filled with sodium, but I'm addicted to butternut squash ravioli.

2. Do you consider french fries (chips) to be a vegetable?
Um, ew. No way in hell. Actually, I don't like french fries too much, I usually end up dipping them in ranch dressing or BBQ sauce in order to eat them.

3. What's more "romantic", dining in, or eating out?
Dining in any day of the week. Cooking for your date is sexy, and dessert is pretty much in the bag.

4. If you were to be given a free cooking class, who would you prefer to be taught by: A gourmet celebrity chef, or an old world grandmother?
If I was a guest chef on Ciao Italia, I could have both. [=D

5. What do you prefer to cook with, butter or margarine?
Butter for savory dishes, margarine for baked goods. I know that sounds backwards, but I tried buttering a pan with actual butter once and the results were catastrophic.

6. Do you count calories?
Sometimes, yeah.

7. What would you consider your healthiest habit?
See No. 6. lol No, I'm kidding. I try to stretch and exercise every day, or at least several times a week.

8. Do you think pill vitamin supplements work?
No. I mean maybe they work while you're taking them, but it cripples your body if you stop.

9. What was the least expensive meal you've ever prepared?
I used to make a 90¢ sandwich every day for lunch because I didn't have money for much else. It was a 65¢ buttered roll from the gas station and a 25¢ bag of plain lays potato chips. You put the chips on the roll and it's actually not that bad. But if you want to get technical, while I was homeless, I prepared a ghetto type of tomato soup using free ketchup packets from McDonald's stirred with water and pepper in an empty coffee tin. It was gross and salty, but free.

10. Does food really taste better when it's prepared by someone else?
Many times, yes. But sometimes you think you could have done a better job.

11. Who do you think is better in the kitchen, men or women?
Most of America's most famous chefs are men. It could mean men are better, or it could mean women are under-appreciated.  Women have been doing it far longer though, but most modern women in the US don't know how anymore. It seems to be a dying art form, which is tragic. Anywhere outside the US, women are kitchen masters though.

12. What do you think is an appropriate age to begin teaching your child how to cook?
Age has nothing to do with it; it's all about maturity level. If I had a kid, they'd be baking cakes by themselves at 6.

13. What's the most exotic food you've ever tried?
Alligator, or maybe Caribou, both at a Native American Pow-wow. The Alligator tasted like 4 day old chicken only tougher, and the Caribou was so diluted with fillers, I don't know what it was supposed to taste like.

14. What food do you think should they should take off the market forever, and why?
Foie Grais is downright amoral and should be illegal.

15. Would you ever send back a plate of food at a restaurant?
Not unless I want it to come back as Noms A La Big Giant Loogie.

Now it's your turn to answer these. If you have any questions to add, feel free.

No comments:

Post a Comment