Saturday, July 16, 2011

The Easiest Dish Evar.

Okay, it's back to business for me. Now that I actually have an audience, I must perform, so I'm going to start out small because this is the shit I'm making for myself these days. And only because the lean cuisines are starting to get expensive.

Fucking capitalism.

So here we have quite literally a two-ingredient main dish. It's really cheap and so easy to make, you can pull this off if you've never cooked before in your life. I'm dead serious. Check this out:


What are you looking at? Something my ex's mom used to make that I've been craving. It's pork and sauerkraut, the end. No really, you take some pork chops, dump an 8 ounce can of sauerkraut on top of it and bake it for 40 minutes at 350 F. Serve with instant mash and you have a traditional German dinner. Of course she used to slow cook a whole pork roast in the kraut for hours, and I suppose if you slow cooked this in a crock pot instead of baking it, it would come out fantastic, but this is good too, in a pinch. Just remember to pour a bit of water in the bottom of the pan so your pork doesn't burn.



The most important thing about this dish is how you eat it. You have to try a little bit of everything on your fork at once, just for the sake of the different tastes in your mouth. I could cite poetry about a virtual symphony to your taste buds, but it would mean nothing unless you actually tasted it for yourself. Sometimes, it's not all about the why, it's the how. There is no excuse not to try this recipe, really. You probably already have the makings of mashed potatoes in your house. These pork chops cost me under $3 and the small can of sauerkraut was 39¢. It made three whole meals for me!! You need to try this, okay? Just do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment