Thursday, December 30, 2010

Supah Slammin' Slow-Cooker Pork!! ZOMG

For those who don't know, I recently treated myself to a slow cooker/crock pot for a holiday gift (for myself) because I've been seeing all these amazing recipes for it and I've never owned one before.  The whole point was to find something I could prepare myself in 15 minutes before bed, set it and sleep the whole day, then have a really delicious meal ready when I wake up.


At first, Tammy was pissed that I'd gotten it, thinking that I wouldn't need her anymore, but I took a little while to sit her down and explain that the thing isn't her rival, it can be a tool *she* can use to make things easier on herself. So to reinforce this, I had her assist me in whipping something up for it yesterday morning. With the help of some plastic crockpot liners, she soon understood what a blessing this machine is. After the meal it came out with for us last night, I wonder how the hell I survived 32 years without one of these fucking things.



Oh. My. Fucking. God. Was this the bomb diggity. This raised the bar on bomb diggity.  This was like..... fucking phenomenal!!! This was like pure, holy, concentrated win in a bowl. Bad luck will avoid you for 24 hours by just having this in front of you. No joke.

Now that we've gotten that out of the way, allow me to explain what you're looking at. I took a medium pork rump roast, nothing too fancy or expensive. (I don't remember the poundage) We cut up about 7 or 8 large white potatoes, skin and all. Diced up a large spanish onion, 3 cloves of garlic and one and a large red apple without the core. Tossed everything in except the meat. What I did was, in a separate bowl I crushed up about 1 Tbspn rosemary and thyme and a few dashes of smokehouse maple seasoning (which I love with a passion and put on nearly everything). Tossed it into the potato/onion/apple mix and tossed it until it was coated evenly. Then I mixed a little more of the herb mixture plus a dollop of honey and used it as a rub for the pork roast. Once that was done, I placed it on top of everything, filled the machine up about halfway with chicken stock and let it simmer for about 8 hours.

What I got was pure heaven. Neither of us could get over how amazingly good the food came out. I made a believer out of Tammy. And you know what the best part of this whole thing is??

I call dibs on leftovers!!! MWahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL

No comments:

Post a Comment